Piano Partners is our newest offering! This curriculum was written to provide appropriate piano instruction for 4 1/2 through 7 year old children in a group setting (up to 6 children).
Skills taught in the course focus on keyboard technique, listening, pitch matching, singing, rhythm and music appreciation. Children will play pieces at the piano throughout each class. Each class will include a variety of activities chosen from keyboard technique, singing, music appreciation, coloring, movement, listening and rhythm activities. The activities that occur in the class are structured to take into consideration the young child’s small hands and limited attention span.
Limited spaces available; join us now for a great early piano music education class!
· Small group instruction (max 5-6 students) for ages 4 1/2 to 7 years
· Weekly 40 minute lesson
· Piano party at the completion of each level or twice a year.
Enrollment and Levels
· All students must begin with a Level 1 group
· Groups will stay together and progress through level 2 in the spring.
· As the program is very child-centered, children will not be "pushed" to finish a level. When all necessary skills are taught and mastered, the group will move to the next level. This provides optimal learning for this age, rather than conforming to a strict schedule.
Tuition and Materials
· Monthly payments of $69 September through May; 34 lessons/year
· Pay your first month upon enrollment. Subsequent payments on the first of every month.
· No registration fee; no separate materials fee; no hidden fees.
· Students will receive MLM materials at the start of each level and are theirs to use and keep forever.
· Monthly charges are for convenience and do not represent a certain number of lessons in a month. Monthly tuition will not increase when there are 5 lessons nor will it decrease when there are 3. It is an average tuition cost for simplicity.
· It is important to try to attend your normal group class every week.
· Two extra classes have been built into the schedule to serve as a general make-up for anyone who has missed a class during the semester. (Tuition is for 32 for classes, but students can attend 34 classes). These built-in bonus classes are the only make-up classes. If your child never misses class, it's like 2 free classes!
· Missed classes will not be prorated or refunded, and additional times cannot be scheduled for individuals. If your child misses their regular group class, they will easily be able to continue with the rest of the group the following week, as there is quite a bit of repetition at this stage of learning.